The Saxon Hill Craft Barn are launching a huge community art project. The skill level is easy and everyone from young to old can contribute!
Saxon Hill Craft Barn are asking the public and community groups to submit their best doodles to designated drop off boxes. These will be collected & transformed into the feathers of Colin the Community Owl!
It is hoped that 2,500 pieces will be submitted before the grand unveiling on Saturday 2nd September 2017.
This technique has been proven to aid mindfulness, increase self esteem, relieve stress, and is an addictive and creative therapy tool that can be done anywhere!
You will need:
- White A4 Paper (cut into 9cm x 9cm ’tiles’)
- Felt tip pen
- Fine nib pen (ideally 0.4mm nib)
If you have dexterity issues, no problem! Please feel free to submit a tile as large as you require. You can even design your tile digitally on a computer or tablet.
You can submit as many tiles as you want to, and you can drop them off, until 2pm on Friday 25th of August, at collection points at:
- Saxon Hill Academy, Kings Hill Road, Lichfield, WS14 9DE
- Saxon Hill Craft Barn, Pool Road, Brownhills, WS8 7NL
- Chasewater Innovation Centre, Chasewater Country Park, Pool Rd, Burntwood, Brownhills, WS8 7NL
Alternatively, you can post your tiles to Saxon Hill Academy, just mark the envelope for “Craft Barn Marketing Team – Community Doodle Project”.