The Litter Innovation Fund (LIF), is a £450,000 programme, funded by the Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (Defra) and the Department for Communities and Local Government (DCLG).
The fund provides Grants up to £10,000. It is intended to be used to help investigate and implement innovative ways of reducing litter arisings.
To be eligible, the lead organisation must be one of the organisations listed below:
- Community Interest Company (CIC)
- Industrial Provident Society (IPS) or co-operatives
- Local Authorities (including principle authorities, parish, and/or town councils)
- National Park Authorities
- Broads Authorities
- Registered Social Landlords
- Development trust
- Faith group
- Educational institutions
- Scouts, Guides and National Citizen Service
- Business – Small to medium enterprises (SMEs) e.g. retail, food chains, event management etc.
All projects should be completed within a six-month timescale from date of award.
Expression of Interest closes 26 September