- Are you passionate about the environment and making a positive impact?
- Can you see digital technology making a better future?
- Have you got the entrepreneurial drive and innovation to make a difference?
If your answer is YES, and you’re aged 17-24 then you can apply for up to £10,000 and take The Environment Now challenge.
In return, you will be offered mentoring, work experience and insight days with industry professionals to help you bring your idea to life.
Your The Environment Now project must:
- Have a designated project leader that is aged between 17-24. The programme is specifically aimed at young people and the project team must reflect this.
- Have a positive and measurable environmental impact in areas such as; energy efficiency or waste and recycling.
- Use digital technology to solve an environmental issue, this could include, but is not limited to:
- Using digital skills and/or digital connectivity
- The use of pre-existing technologies and digital platforms
- Using digital research and data management
- Be based within the UK; although it could have wider benefits.
- Have realistic and achievable objectives within the available funding and timeframe.
- Have sustainable values, considering your projects impact on the environment and local community.
- Not pay for team salaries, accommodation rent, social trips or any personal expenses that aren’t related to your project.
- Not support or endorse political parties, religious organisations and extreme activist groups.
- Not be part of an existing project or charity just requiring additional funding to continuing its existing work with no new elements.
- Not require additional funding to complete your The Environment Now project objectives.