The Right Start provides FREE training for Voluntary, Community, and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Organisations.
Below you will find the date and subject of the next Right Start training sessions:
6th June 2017 | 09.30 – 12.30
Community Fire Station LEEK
Writing Basic Business Plans
- Why have a business plan? What are the benefits?
- The difference between a business plan and a strategic plan
- What you are attempting to achieve with a business plan and how that will impact on how you write it.
- The elements of business plan
- Different presentations and templates
12th June 2017 | 13:30 – 16:30
Support Staffordshire LICHFIELD
- Why people volunteer and the importance of motivation
- Volunteer Policies – what does ‘good’ look like?
- Recruitment – writing good role descriptions to recruit effectively
- Support and supervision
- Retention of volunteers – reward and recognition
19th June 2017 | 18:00 – 21:00
Community Fire Station TAMWORTH
Committee & Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
- What is the role of a trustee/committee member?
- An overview of different legal structures for organisations
- The different roles and skills required on a committee or board
- Overview of constitution
- What are charitable purposes and why are they important?
- The mechanics of holding effective meetings
27th June 2017 | 13:30 – 16:30
Support Staffordshire CANNOCK
Writing Good Policies and Procedures
Why do we have policies & procedures?
- Best practice in writing policies & procedures
- Overview of different types of policies
- Detailed examination of safeguarding, health & safety, equalities and data protection policies
5th July 2017 | 13.30 – 16.30
The Hub STAFFORD
Income Generation & Funding
- Overview of writing funding bids and terminology used
- Fundraising strategies & legalities