Volunteering is something that everyone can do and people volunteer for many reasons:
- To do something they really enjoy
- To give something back to their community
- To make use of special interests and talents
- To learn new skills and interests
- To meet people and make new friends
- To find out more about a type of work they are considering as a career
- To gain valuable experience that could help them get a job
- If you decide volunteering is right for you, the first step is to come and talk to us.
During an informal chat we find out what sort of volunteer opportunities you are interested in, what kind of commitment you can give and what skills you can offer. We’ll then discuss the different types of voluntary work which may be suitable. This is also your opportunity to ask any questions or raise any queries you may have about volunteering.
When we meet, or afterwards, we will give you information about organisations and volunteer opportunities which we feel are best suited to you. When you have chosen which opportunity you want to have a go at, we’ll arrange for the organisation to get in touch to arrange a taster session, training, induction or a start date.
We keep a register of volunteer opportunities across South Staffordshire. We have lots of varied opportunities, so there is bound to be something to suit most needs!
If you are on benefits, volunteering shouldn’t affect what you receive.