Wednesday 27th September 2017 | 11am to 1.30pm | The Church at Perton
Includes a FREE lunch
Ourselves, South Staffordshire Council, and partners would really like a conversation with people about what living here in South Staffordshire has to offer you. We hear a lot about the ageing population in South Staffordshire and talk a lot about “older people” but everybody is different.
Topics for discussion:
- Supporting older people in the community
- Communication; digital and social media
- Transport and driving
- Planning for the future
If you are age 60 and over and would like to attend or just require more information please book by contacting us on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01902 851675
Lapley Church Restoration Fund Committee invites you to
Alice In Wonderland
Sunday 16th July 2-5pm
Walk around the village looking at the Scarecrows and then join us in the Church Grounds forThe Mad Hatter’s Tea Party served from 2.30pm
The Mad Hatter’s Tea Party
served from 2.30pm
Games and activities for children
Adults – £5.00 inc. a cream tea
Children – £2.00 inc. squash, cake & games/activities
Click here to view the full poster
This is a new initiative by Care Plus and the Residents Committee at Naden House, Huntington.
Join them on Tuesday 27th June 2017
Food service: 12:30pm-1:30pm
FREE home cooked food and advocacy (if you need help and advice) everyone is welcome
The Hub, Naden House
Stafford Road Huntington
Please call 01543 571576 for any enquiries, limited spaces are available
Care Plus is a leading provider of housing, care and support services in South Staffordshire and Shropshire.
We help older people and others with disabilities or health conditions, to live independent and fulfilling lives.
As well as providing good quality housing for older people, we deliver care tailored specifically to individual needs. We offer wellbeing support services to help people get more out of life.
Our benchmark for success is whether we have made a difference to our customers’ lives.
Providing you with care and support services that you can trust means that you can concentrate on what is really important; making the most of life every single day.
The Right Start provides FREE training for Voluntary, Community, and Social Enterprise (VCSE) Organisations.
Below you will find the date and subject of the next Right Start training sessions:
6th June 2017 | 09.30 – 12.30
Community Fire Station LEEK
Writing Basic Business Plans
- Why have a business plan? What are the benefits?
- The difference between a business plan and a strategic plan
- What you are attempting to achieve with a business plan and how that will impact on how you write it.
- The elements of business plan
- Different presentations and templates
12th June 2017 | 13:30 – 16:30
Support Staffordshire LICHFIELD
- Why people volunteer and the importance of motivation
- Volunteer Policies – what does ‘good’ look like?
- Recruitment – writing good role descriptions to recruit effectively
- Support and supervision
- Retention of volunteers – reward and recognition
19th June 2017 | 18:00 – 21:00
Community Fire Station TAMWORTH
Committee & Trustee Roles and Responsibilities
- What is the role of a trustee/committee member?
- An overview of different legal structures for organisations
- The different roles and skills required on a committee or board
- Overview of constitution
- What are charitable purposes and why are they important?
- The mechanics of holding effective meetings
27th June 2017 | 13:30 – 16:30
Support Staffordshire CANNOCK
Writing Good Policies and Procedures
Why do we have policies & procedures?
- Best practice in writing policies & procedures
- Overview of different types of policies
- Detailed examination of safeguarding, health & safety, equalities and data protection policies
5th July 2017 | 13.30 – 16.30
The Hub STAFFORD
Income Generation & Funding
- Overview of writing funding bids and terminology used
- Fundraising strategies & legalities
Book via the Support Staffordshire website or for further information contact
Support Staffordshire Training on 01785 413162 or email@example.com